April 22, 2013

Digital / analog

Lately, out of necessity, I have been doing a lot of digital work. Fun as it may be to do, at some point digital creation feels as if something is lacking. Perhaps it is because humans are analog beings. So, to get my mind off the rigid canvas of digital tools, I may revert to the only real type of canvas from time to time to appease more natural aspects of life. I have a magnificent photograph for reference that I edited digitally (...) to spray with an airbrush. Many tests will be involved; I have to try new things always to prevent from becoming bored.




Out of the box minds, preferring uncommon ways to accomplish unusual things, seldomly use traditional means to succeed in what they aim to do. Failure is as big an option as achievement and either one is looked upon with similar concern. Failure is a standard of society that has little or nothing to do with what goes on in the skull and heart of the weird. If people say: 'That looks like a failure.', the outsider may look upon it with different eyes.

I have no clue yet how to go about a number of matters that I may encounter during airbrushing the portrait to be. Doing the same thing again and again is not for me. The unknown makes life interesting; the only familiar thing to me is that I prefer to be unfamiliar with things and learn from that. I am not at all a thrill seeker, although I sometimes get more thrills out of life that I was able to foresee before taking off. But I look for different type of thrills than bungy jumpers or parachutists and Red Bull games fanatics; those are conjured thrills. They bore me.

Maybe something worth looking at may result from this venture. Maybe not. Stay tuned and have a nice day.